John R. Polen
President and CEO
Why people bank with Premier.
I’m asked all the time…Who are we? What is it we do? What makes us different from other banks? In order to answer these questions with total clarity, I decided we needed to do some fact finding. So we started with interviewing many of our clients, and then moved on to our corporate bankers who interface with our clients on a daily basis, and finally to our management team to review our corporate values and service culture. Our efforts paid off and I had the answers to ‘‘Why Bank with Premier?". I’d like to share the highlights of our findings with you.
- We are a safe, strong, and top performing bank
- We provide financing and deposit services to businesses and real estate investors.
- Our ‘niche’ is our open-minded approach and expertise in all facets of lending.
- Our people make the difference. We deliver the service other banks just talk about.
- We treat every client as a VIP.
- We are flexible in our approach to lending and banking.
- We make decisions locally and quickly.
- And most importantly, we’re here to help our clients succeed. We see their success as our success!
Our ability to achieve this high level of performance for our clients is based on our motivated and dedicated banking team. As a result of our team’s efforts, we’ve had a very productive year and have experienced many successes . I’d like to share with you a few of our accomplishments.
- We reported record earnings in 2013, and four years of consecutive earnings. We continued to earn the highest rating from Bauer Financial Inc. for financial performance.
- We celebrated the one-year anniversary of the Palos Verdes branch, which exceeded all expectations in total deposits and loans in the first year of operation.
- Premier was named “The 2013 Best New Business” by the Palos Verdes Chamber of Commerce for excellence in quality of service, leadership in business, and contributing to the Palos Verdes community as a whole.
- We launched Premier’s new website at ibankpremier.com. It’s easy to navigate, and provides up-to-date information on our new product lines, describes our comprehensive list of loan and deposit services, and talks about the bank’s corporate culture and people.
- We started a Small Business Loan (“SBA”) Division headed up by an extremely qualified SBA expert with 25 years of experience. This new product augments our other business loan and cash management services for small businesses in our marketplace.
- We added commercial and residential construction lending to Premier’s real estate loan product line based on recent demand for this type of lending and a stable real estate environment.
- We completed the second capital campaign in March 2013. We raised $4 million in new capital, and successfully leveraged the asset base increasing total assets by $63 million or 57%. At year-end 2013 total assets were $175 million.
- We’re in the midst of a third capital campaign to raise $3 million in additional capital to support the future asset growth of the bank. This offer will close on July 1, 2014, or sooner if it’s fully subscribed.
All of us at Premier are very proud of our accomplishments in 2013, and we look forward to many more in 2014. We remain steadfast in maintaining Premier’s strong financial position to ensure your trust and confidence. Our commitment to our clients is reflected in our corporate values and service culture, which we call ‘The Premier Difference’.
Always remember...we’re here to help you succeed!
John R. Polen
President and CEO